Life's a Climb... But the view's great!

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Beauty Babble Featuring Ulta3 Lipsticks

Welcome to Beauty Babble... A series of blog posts featuring products I've tried and tested. I'll be giving you the 4-1-1; all the details you need on some of THE most talked about products.

Following MissTango2 on Instagram led me to discover Ulta3 Lip Sticks. She posted this amazing picture of the Ulta3 Stand at her local Terry White Chemist. Initially, I noticed the impressive colour selection. There were just so many colours to choose from! But then, after studying the photo, I saw something rather alarming. The price. The display advertised the lipsticks as being $2.95 each for the regular and $3.95 for the matte varieties. I was shocked and excited all at once; obviously I NEEDED to have them immediately.

Exploring the Ulta3 stand is like a dream come true. I went swatch crazy. The colours were all so amazing, it was almost impossible to choose. I ended up decided upon 5 shades that I feel in love with on first swatch. I know, very tame of me :)

L to R:
031 Misty Mauve, 034 Brown Sugar, 019 Forever Fawn, 026 Rosa, 040 Coral Reef

L to R:
031 Misty Mauve, 034 Brown Sugar, 019 Forever Fawn, 026 Rosa, 040 Coral Reef
All I can say is WOW!!! These lippys literally make me speechless. They are phenomenal!!!

The first thing that strikes you about these lippies is the packaging. Ulta3 has done an exceptional job. The bargain price certainly doesn't mean low quality, in fact the packaging of these lipsticks is among some of the best I've ever seen. What I really love is the fact that the colour is clearly visible. It makes it easy to store and even easier to select the colour you desire when reaching for it. I give Ulta3 a massive two thumbs up; they've clearly thought about the packaging and more importantly about their consumers and their needs.

I absolutely LOVE the colours I purchased. I have been wearing them non-stop since I got them in late December, 2012.

031 Misty Mauve is a beautiful deep pink tone matte lipstick. I have been thrashing this one and I am really enjoying it. The Matte formulation is not drying at all; it goes on the lips beautifully and has impressive staying power.


031 Misty Mauve

031 Misty Mauve

034 Brown Sugar is another matte shade. It's a gorgeous deep nude brown and once again the formula is so creamy and feels amazing on the lips. I have really loved this colour for night time looks, when I'm after something a little more natural.

034 Brown Sugar

034 Brown Sugar


019 Fawn Fever is lighter brown tone nude shade. I absolutely adore this lipstick. For me it is the perfect nude shade lipstick. It glides on effortlessly and gives the lips a stunning glow. I have been reaching for this quite frequently, I enjoy wearing it on a daily basis or when I've created a more dramatic eye.


019 Fawn Fever 

019 Fawn Fever 

026 Rosa is a deep brown-pink tone nude with a gorgeous sheen. It's lovely for giving your lips a touch of pink colour, while still maintaining the dignity of a nude and natural. It's a fabulous tone and works really nicely with a smokey eye.

026 Rosa

026 Rosa

040 Coral Reef is a stunning bright pink toned coral which gives your lips an amazing pop of colour. I love it for summer and I can see this being my go to shade of the season. This colour is so pigmented it's insane! I have been enjoying applying this colour to the lip, blotting, then applying a second coat to ensure the colour is long lasting.

040 Coral Reef

040 Coral Reef

Finally, let's talk formulation. It's gorgeous. All of the lipsticks, both matte and normal, are so very creamy and moisturising. they honestly feel so very luscious on you lips, making them ideal for all day wear. The colour pay off and pigmentation is a good as any lipstick I've used. All in all, an amazing product that is absolutely worth a look.

Overall, the Ulta3 lipsticks are a great way to add to you lipstick collection. There are wide range of colours to choose from, making them an excellent option when wanting to try out a new/unusual colour. Furthermore, at just $2.95 for the normal and $3.95 for Matte they are unbeatable in terms of value for money, you seriously can't go wrong. If you haven't already checked them out, I strongly suggest that you do.

Hit me up on Twitter @esteembeautyxo and let me know what you think of Beauty Babble and what products you would like to see featured throughout 2013.


xo Lisa xo 

1 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

© EsteemBeautyxo, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena